Effective: May 11, 2020
- Data You Provide to Earth
Registration Information. When you sign up for an Earth account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number. If you decide to sign up for Earth using your Facebook account, we will also get basic information from your profile like your name, gender, profile photo, and Facebook friends.
User Profile Information. Your name is always part of your Profile. You can also add a Business Profile to your account, which requires a designated business email address and payment method.
Payment Method. When you add a credit card or payment method to your account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information.
Call and Text Information. We work with a third party partner to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Riders and Drivers who have been connected for a ride. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages. For security purposes, we may also monitor and/or record the contents of phone calls made, such as those between Riders and Drivers. You will be given notice that your call may be recorded, and by proceeding you agree to allow monitor and/or record your call.
Location Information. When you open Earth on your mobile device, we receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. If you label certain locations, such as “home” and “work,” we receive that information, too.
Your location information is necessary for things like matching a Rider with a nearby Driver, determining drop off and pick up locations, and suggesting destinations based on previous trips. Also, if the need ever arises, the emergency button can help locate you quickly in times of need. If you give us permission through your device settings or Earth app, we may collect your location while the app is off to identify promotions or service updates in your area.
Device Information. Earth receives information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens, and, if you register with your Facebook account, your Facebook identifier.
Usage Information. To help us understand and improve how you use Earth, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Earth app and website, like the pages or other content you view, dates and times of your visits, and your actions within the app.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. Any information you provide in connection with claims or disputes.
User Feedback. Riders and Drivers may rate and review each other at the end of every ride. We receive information about ratings and reviews and give Riders information about Drivers’ ratings and reviews and vice versa.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the app and interact with our advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use our Services. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features.
III. Data from Other Sources
Third Party Partners. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you. Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
Enterprise Programs. Account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Business accounts. Business partners through which users create or access their Earth account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use Earth’s APIs or whose APIs Earth uses.
- How We Use the Data We Collect
Earth collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation. We also use the data we collect to:
- Connect Riders with Drivers;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote our Services;
- Analyze how the Users use the Earth mobile application;
- Enable communications between users;
- Send text messages, push notifications, non-marketing and marketing communications;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide customer support;
- Find and prevent fraud;
- For research and development;
- In connection with legal proceedings; and
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Riders and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.
- How We Share Data
Some of Earth’s services and features require data sharing. Earth may share your data with these groups:
(a) Between Users
- Riders and Drivers basic information about each other, such as names, photo, ratings, and any information they have added to their Profiles.
- Drivers see the pick-up location that the Rider has provided. Riders see a Driver’s vehicle information and real-time location as the Driver approaches the pick-up location.
- Riders’ ratings of Drivers are shared with Drivers on a weekly basis. We de-identify the ratings and feedback, but we can’t rule out that a driver may be able to identify the Rider that provided the rating or feedback.
- Although we help Riders and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other Users.
- If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Rider or Driver, including sharing actual contact information with your permission.
(b) At the User’s Request
- User’s ETA and location to a friend when requested by that user.
(c) Third Parties
- If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the our community, Earth, or the public;
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
- If you signed up for a promotion with another User’s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
- With our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;
- To our potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
- You Decide
- Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account use of the Earth Platform.
- Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Earth Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
- Profile Information. Your name will always be shared with Drivers and Riders will always be able to see Drivers’ names, rating, profile photos, and vehicle information.
- Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device’s operating system settings, Rider and Driver location is core to the Earth Platform and without it we can’t provide our services to you.
- Data Security. We are committed to protecting the data of the Earth community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
- Children’s Privacy. Earth is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org